Saturday, August 23, 2014

Tutorial - How to merge .package files

This is my first tutorial! I hope I explain things good because I have a problem with that in person, a LOT of people ask how I merge .package files... it's actually very easy after you do it a few times and it helps your game a lot, it reduces lag.

For this you will need s3pe, you can download it here. I use Windows 7 so I downloaded the first one linked, after you install that it's time to start merging your .package files! 

I like to organize my CC, I have all of my hair in one folder, clothes in another, and everything else organized too, everything is organized by creator, I never put more than 170 .package files in one merged file.

This is the inside of my hair folder.

Open s3pe, give it a few seconds to load
After it loads, look at the top left corner. Click "File" and then "New".

After you do that, right click anywhere on the left side, hover over "Import" and then select "from package".

Your Documents folder should pop up, locate your folder with your .package files and select the files you want merged. After you select all of the files you want to merge (remember, no more than 170 per merged file) look to the bottom right corner and select "Open".

This will pop up, select "Import".

Then this box will pop up, select "No".
 Importing all of your files will take a while and it might freeze for a few seconds but it is working, give it at least 5-10 minutes if it's hair files, they take the longest, other files should take 5 minutes or less to import.
After everything imports look at the top left corner, select "File" and then select "Save As". Name your file whatever you want and place it in your mods folder. Now you're done merging that folder! To merge other things just repeat all of these steps.




3 comments:

  1. I'd say a good 99% of my cc is in ".sims3pack" format, so what do I do in that case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The .sim3packs don't really slow your game down, at least none of mine do (and I have a few thousand of them) so you don't have to do anything with them, you can't merge them unless you convert them to .package files, I don't think it would be worth the time to do that since they don't affect your game as .sim3packs.

      Delete
    2. Oh! Okay. Well that's good to know then!

      Delete